LIVING BASIL

My Living Basil is dying…suspect it got too cold…but not sure if it was when in the back of a truck stuck in the snow, or while I was taking it home in a cold car.  If you were one of those people who purchased a Living Basil yesterday, and your plant is dying, let me know.  Thanks– 😦

9 responses to this post.

1. Posted by Gabriella Germain on January 9, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Lol, I was just thinking that it’s more like “dying basil” than living basil. : )

On Friday, January 9, 2015, Lloyd Craft Farms wrote:

> Lloyd Craft Farms– CSA and Fresh Produce posted: “My Living Basil is > dying…suspect it got too cold…but not sure if it was when in the back > of a truck stuck in the snow, or while I was taking it home in a cold car. > If you were one of those people who purchased a Living Basil yesterday, and > your plant”

2. Posted by Gabriella Germain on January 9, 2015 at 11:45 pm

Hey Terri, ours has several very wilted stems. I noticed when I took it out of its packaging that several of the stems were broken, so I pinched those off. But even after I put it in water it slowly started wilting. Not sure yet if its a total loss as some of the top leaves still look good, but I wonder if they’ll have the same fate as it seems to have started at the bottom. I know it’s not the water because there’s still some in there.

Gabi

On Friday, January 9, 2015, Lloyd Craft Farms wrote:

3. Posted by Terrie Yule on January 9, 2015 at 7:17 pm

My basil looks good, but I do have a ? What do you do with the pea shoots?

🌸Terrie🌸

• Eat them in salad–top the plant and sprinkle tenderlings in your salad, or throw them in the juicer with your other greens for a good power-drink! I think if you leave several leaves on the bottom they will continue to leaf out until the little pea has used up all its stored ‘food’– Enjoy!

4. Posted by Susan Bentley on January 9, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Hi Terri,

I put mine in water when I got home yesterday and put it near my kitchen window. This morning it is starting to shrivel up. I thought maybe it got too cold next to the window. I still have high hopes for it.

Susan On Jan 9, 2015 3:54 AM, “Lloyd Craft Farms” wrote:

5. Posted by Diana on January 9, 2015 at 11:17 am

What are doing up young lady?! lol. I just saw mine is dying too. Going to cut the good leaves offf and dry it.

Be well, the world needs your Light, Diana